Sometimes the issues that trouble us are not as straight forward as they might seem on the surface, they can often be a little like a thread which has become tangled up and cannot pass through the cloth you are trying to get it through because it’s all knotted up under the surface leaving us feeling stuck or like life just isn’t flowing quite how it should.
Shamanic healing can help you gently unravel these threads, spending time with each knot to see what is at the root of the problem and then carefully taking steps to ease the knots out so the thread is free to glide again.
We work together in a shamanic session to explore and provide healing for the roots of the issues you are facing. These issues may be something like:
- feeling stuck in life or in a situation
- a sense of somehow being incomplete
- feelings of numbness or flatness; of just going through the motions
- feelings of hopelessness, apathy and indifference; like a spark is missing
- a sense of being disconnected from life or what is around you; as if you are living in a dream
- feeling lost, indecisive and aimless
- procrastination; time wasting; or finding it hard to sustain focus or effort
- lack of confidence and self-belief
- having a strong inner critic who puts you down and is always on your back
- phobias and anxieties; fearfulness
- missing memories
- addictions or other compulsive behaviours and/or thought patterns
- a sense of never having really recovered from a past event
- repeatedly returning to a person, location or behaviour that is unhealthy for you
- inability to move on from an issue or event, despite efforts to do so
- finding it hard to invest in the future with enthusiasm and optimism
- feelings of grief, fear, anger or rage that you cannot seem to shake off
Often times these issues are created as a result of soul loss, or power loss and we can go through a process of retrieving those parts of self that have long been missing allowing us to feel more complete again.
A single journey can make a profound difference, but four to six sessions allows a deepening of the process, and over this period of time you can (if you wish) also gradually learn to do this healing for yourself.
It is an amazing, empowering process, which I am deeply honoured to share.
What’s involved in a shamanic healing session?
Sessions can take place face to face in the comfort of my treatment room or we can organise a distant session either by skype or telephone.
When you first contact me I will ask you to provide me with a little information about the issue you are currently facing. This allows me to decide whether the therapeutic shamanism approach is appropriate for you, and whether or not I have the right skills as a practitioner to help you at this time. This can either be by telephone or email.
If we then decide to work together I will ask you for some more in depth information regarding the issue you are facing, and about your life history. We will also arrange a time for your healing session.
The healing session takes around 2-3 hours. The first section of your session is dedicated to expanding on the information you have given me and gaining your permission for the shamanic work which needs to be done.
The next section is for the shamanic journey process which usually takes around 30 minutes. If your session is face-to-face you will be encouraged to lie down, relax, and listen to the drumming whilst I undertake the healing work. If your session is done by telephone or Skype I will hang up at this point until the journey is finished and then call you back to round off your session.
In the final part of your session I will share with you the details of the journey and help you unpack (make sense) of the healing which has happened. I recommend you bring a notepad and pen for recording this information as you may want to further explore some of the metaphor surrounding your journey once you get home.